A one day seminar for parent(s) in the private adoption process.
This seminar complies with US State Department regulations mandated by the Hague convention on Intercountry Adoption.
What will you learn from this seminar?
- To develop awareness and sensitivity to the importance of the child’s birth family, heritage, and culture.
- To increase understanding and sensitivity to how loss impacts the child and family.
- To increase understanding of the on-going process of adoption for the child and family.
- To identify characteristics of children available for adoption.
- To strengthen your awareness of the developmental stages for children.
- To understand the attachment cycle and developmental themes of adoption.
2023 Seminar dates:
*Due to Covid-19, All seminars are currently virtual.*
- January 7, 2023
- March 11, 2023
- May 13, 2023
- June 24, 2023
- September 9, 2023
- November 18, 2023
Cost: $150.00 per person
To register for the Adoption Preparation Seminar, download the registration form below and return to Kelly Smith, LICSW at:
PO Box 4029
Concord, NH 03302