Ms. Kelly Smith has worked with both foster and adoptive families since 1986. She has a private practice specializing in attachment, trauma and loss, in Concord, New Hampshire.
Her private practice is often closed for new referrals for ongoing work. However, she has a virtual consultation service that can provide a variety of services.
She is committed to advocating for foster and adoptive children at the macro level so that systems are engaged in the best practice for these children and families.
Kelly’s advocacy and consultation includes:
- Clinical consultant for Bianco, Attorneys at Law, who specializes in domestic adoption
- Clinical Consultant to CASA, New Hampshire
- Consultant to the New Hampshire courts regarding permanency for abused and neglected children
- Consults with various school districts around the state of New Hampshire.
- Consults with the NH Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) regarding permanency planning, treatment needs and other issues related to foster and adoptive children and families.
- Consults with various private adoption agencies serving families throughout New England.
- Dartmouth Trauma Interventions Research Center (DTIRC).
- Consults with National START, Working with Individuals who experience IDD/MH (Intelectual Developmental Disabiltiy/Mental Health.
Kelly has a passion for international travel and has worked extensively in orphanages worldwide. She has traveled with adoptive families on homeland tours as well as with parents traveling internationally to pick up their adoptive children.
Kelly and her partner have been married since 2000. They have an adult son, and have fostered three adolescents who have successfully transitioned into adulthood. They are also guardians to three adults with significant special needs.