Ms. Kelly Smith has worked with both foster and adoptive families for the past 25 years. She has a private practice specializing in attachment, trauma and loss, in Concord, New Hampshire.
Kelly is committed to also advocating for foster and adoptive children at the macro level so that systems are engaged in the best practice for these children and families.
Kelly’s advocacy and consultation includes:
- Clinical consultant to CASA, NH
- Clinical consultant for a leading adoption attorney in NH who specializes in domestic adoption
- Consultant to the New Hampshire courts regarding abused and neglected children
- Consults with various school districts around the state of NH
- Consults with the NH Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) regarding permanency planing, treatment needs and other issues related to foster and adoptive children and families.
Ms. Smith has a passion for international travel and has worked extensively in orphanages worldwide. She has also traveled with adoptive families on homeland tours as well as with parents traveling internationally to pick up their adoptive children.
Personally, Kelly is married. She and her spouse have been together for 16 years. They have an 18 year old son. They have also fostered two adolescents who have successfully transitioned into adulthood. Kelly and Barb are also guardians to two adults with significant special needs.
Kelly loves to travel, read and spend time with her family and friends.